Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Letterboxd: New Social Site for Sharing Your Taste in Film


Letterboxd is a great social site that lets movie buffs share their tastes in movies with friends and peers. It was made right here in Auckland by the guys at Cactus Lab who made both the 48 Hours and Incredibly Strange websites.

I have looked for a website like Letterboxd for a long time but there's nothing quite like it out there on the web and certainly not as gorgeously designed. Over the last month, since I started using the service, I have loved using it to make lists.

I have made a Top Ten list every year since 2000. These lists just used to sit there on my hard drive but when Letterboxd goes public I can use them to pressure friends to watch all the movies I have loved over the last decade.

According to Letterboxd's official Twitter feed, the Letterboxd team are in a festive mood and will be giving out more invitations to people who have been waiting patiently on the beta list, just in time for Xmas. Awesome.

The team will also be giving out more invitations to current users so we can get our friends to start using the service. If you want an invitation, let me know so if more become available I will send one to you -- all wrapped up beautifully with a bow delivered to your inbox with a festive chuckle.

Request an invitation to Letterboxd here.

No comments:

Post a Comment