In what must have been an attempt at humour or irony or whatever, TV3 Nightline's Ali Ikram bestowed upon John Banks a truly meaningless accolade.
ACT politician John Banks is the New Zealander of the Year.
What Ikram's light and frothy news story revealed though was that John Banks has seen a grand total of 4 movies in his lifetime. (And then came some weird joke about Banksie watching The Iron Lady -- 15 minutes at a time. It was all very cringeworthy.)
John Banks has only seen 4 movies in his lifetime.
While it didn't stop Epsom voters from returning such a grotesque, national embarrassment to our parliament, I like to think that voters could be swayed next time depending on the 4 films.
I could imagine 3/4 are your typical blokey choices like The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather and 12 Angry Men, but the 4th movie is something his wife made him watch or something super gay, like Shortbus.
Imagine if John Banks had only seen four movies in his lifetime and Shortbus was one of them!
I relish at that thought.
Such fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment